Friday, July 27, 2007

A Sneaker With a Cause

I finally got the pictures to upload. Well, these are the Converse (RED) sneakers I wanted to show you. The PR Manager for Foot Locker was nice enough to send me a pair.

I wore them, first to the movies and I got quite a few compliments and questions asking me where I got them. The Converse (RED) sneakers can be found at either Foot Locker or LadyFoot Locker ($46.99-$51.99). I also received more compliments while grocery shopping. Guess, it kind of makes you wonder how often people are staring at your feet.

I'm not sure if you can tell from the pictures but what's written on the shoes is (RED)ESIGNED and DESI(RED).

For those who may not know, project (RED) is trying to inform and raise money to help fight AIDS in Africa. The products that display the (RED) logo will contribute a significant percentage of their sales or a portion of the profits to the Global Fund to finance AIDS programs in Africa.

Since, I got my shoes for free, I will make a donation to the Global Fund so that I can do my part to help change the world.









Enjoy the Weekend!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Frasier said...

That was nice of you to make a contribution and thro your blog you are raising awareness about this product and what it contributes to....

5:41 PM  
Blogger EsTher OmaƱa said...

Thats soo COOL!!

Kisses

Ther :)

8:46 PM  
Blogger BeautyGirl23 said...

Thanks for the comments, I do hope others want to donate to the project too.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home