Friday, July 13, 2007

My Summer Weekend Read: Girl In Development


I bought a new book to read this weekend, "Girl in Development" ($15.99 Hardcover or $7.99 Paperback) and I see myself relaxing and doing absolutely nothing.
Here is the book description:
Vintage-chic, East Coast transplant Samantha Rose would rather be reading Virginia Woolf than Variety. So when her uncle arranges a surprise summer internship at a hot film development company, Sam is not prepared for the Tinsel-town twist.
From her spoiled room mate (her Beverly Hills-bred cousin, Kate), to the backstabbing poseurs at her company (ironically named 'Authentic Pictures'), everything about L.A. feels fake. And, although smart, self-protective Sam hates to admit it, it's all a bit intimidating. Will Sam realize her own Hollywood ending? Not before this girl in development is thrust into the spotlight and down a personal red carpet of genuine friendship, romance and betrayal.
What are you reading for the Summer?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Suburban prep said...

I read Summer at Tiffany. Great book. Reading Life is a Beach at the moment-not a real thrill for me. Read Shoe Addicts Anonymous and that was great.
Thanks for a new title.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hm. Sounds good, I might just buy it! I'm reading Angela's Ashes for summer reading, but as soon as I'm finished with that (hopefully by Friday) I'm going to start the new Harry Potter book!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Moi said...

Ooh another chic lit book for me to read. Sounds great.

6:16 PM  
Blogger BeautyGirl23 said...

I also want to read the new Harry Potter book.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home