Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Money Saving Tips

Today's post will be a little different. I decided not to post any products because I am working on my budget.

Looking pretty can become expensive sometimes. I am saving money for a future move and I also just want to have money in the bank instead of hanging in my closet as shoes, clothes, accessories. I enjoy trying to save money and I'm trying to figure out ways I can cut back and still look pretty.

Some of the ways I save money are:

Giving myself manicures and pedicures $$
Cutting back on buying magazines each month $$
I cook meals to reduce buying take out $$$
Check-out some books from the library (I read a lot) $$$
Go to Happy Hour $$
Drink water instead of pop $$
For clothes, buy quality over quantity and classic over trendy (most of the time) $$$
Go to parties at friends home instead of paying expensive prices for trendy clubs $$

What are you saving for? What are you willing to cut back on?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Moi said...

Great tips. I'm like you, I also borrow books from the library. If I were to buy all the books I read, I'd be broke. I also need to curb the urge to buy clothes that are on sale. Quality over quantity is definitely right. We're saving for a vacation in May. So we're cutting back on going out to dinners and trying to cook more at home.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always pick water over pop because it's healthy and actually quenches your thirst plus it's free.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Dinah said...

I usually check-out all my books from the library and you can even read mag's when you are there. I usually go on a clothes diet and try to go a month without shopping.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home