Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Money Saving Tips: Live like a College Student

Some of the best advice I got when I graduated from college was: "Continue to live like a college student for 5-7 years. You will save a lot of money".

Here are 7 frugal things I did in college and still do now:

1. Buy pasta (cheap and easy to cook).

2. Cook instead of buying take-out (mentioned this before).

3. Use coupons at the grocery store.

4. If possible walk instead of drive (it's exercise and saves on gas)

5. Buy in Bulk (feminine products, paper products, etc)

6. Go to the movie during matinee.

7. Don't make shopping a hobby. Find other things to do: spending time with friends, reading, hiking, etc.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great tips! I think a lot of people just live outside of their means in general. We buy houses, cars, and handbags that we can't afford. Maybe another money saving tip is to not buy things (like clothes, shoes, or vacations) that you don't have cash to pay for outright.

8:25 AM  
Blogger BeautyGirl23 said...

Our parent's and grandparent's use to save for what they want I wonder why some in today's generation can't seem to do that.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we struggle with saving because we live in an instant gratification culture. We want what we want right now.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still live like a college student too considering I eat Ramen pretty much everyday!!! You can beat $1.50 for a 24 pack!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home